For the IP address of W365 to be based in the same country as the company purchasing W365

For the IP address of W365 to be based in the same country as the company purchasing W365

Upvotes

Upvote

Aug 11 2021
3 Comments (3 New)
New

If the customer is based in the UK, then the IP address of the Cloud PC to also have a UK IP address (rather than the Netherlands) so that all websites/services worked correctly and in the right language. Not sure if this a feature request or a bug fix request! 

Comments
Regular Visitor

This has the similar requirements to the article I commented on here: https://gorovian.000webhostapp.com/?exam=t5/windows-365-feature-requests/static-ip-for-instances/idc-p/27... 

The only difference is geo specific IP addresses which would be nice. 

New Contributor

The main issue is the geo location, not the IP address (changing the IP address would probably solve the problem). Due to the server location all websites are in Dutch! Even if you visit the UK/English version of a site (including Microsoft.com) they try to redirect you to a Dutch site, with a Dutch language pop up. It also triggers security alerts as it looks like someone is logging into accounts from overseas. My bank also won't accept online access from outside the UK.

Regular Visitor

Makes perfect sense, this also applies to booking flights etc you may be redirected to another site rather than the country you are in. I will be interesting to see if this would be solved via a feature on the RD Client / web client or specific targeting in the backend.

Similar Ideas
No similar ideas
www.000webhost.com