Teams User Keeps Getting "Continue Your Conversation Here" Link in Existing Conversations

Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

This user has been using teams for months, this issue arose on Tuesday. All was working fine before.

Now any time they have a conversation with an external user who is still using skype (their org is still transitioning to teams) they get a message at the bottom of their conversation that says "Due to Org Policy Changes, some chat and calling features are no longer available. Continue your conversation here"

When they click that link it opens another chat window entirely like they're having their first conversation ever. This happens with any user who is external, and it used to work perfectly in the past. 

This problem replicates to the web app version of teams as well. We already re-installed teams standalone app to the desktop and that did not rectify the issue.

The user is using a teams exploratory license as well and I removed it and that didnt fix the issue either.

I attached photos of the error message and how you can see the same person's conversation pops up in another chat window entirely. 

Please advise. 

1 Reply

Hi @Booperton , I guess, I had the same issue in one of mine customer projects a few weeks ago. Please sign out from Microsoft Teams and sign in again. The user should now be able to communicate with the external SfB users within one single chat windows. 

www.000webhost.com