Skype for Business to Teams assistance

Regular Contributor

Hi All

Please can someone assist me. I am in the process of moving my users from Lync on-premises to Skype for Business Online and then to Teams. I completed all the required steps and ran the move-csuser against one user which appears to have completed successfully.

PS C:\Windows\system32> Move-CsUser -Identity lyndon.robertson@ttaf.co.za -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -Credential $cr
ed -HostedMigrationOverrideUrl $url
WARNING: Moving a user from the current version to an earlier version (or to a service version) can cause data loss.

Confirm
Move-CsUser
[Y] Yes [A] Yes to All [N] No [L] No to All [S] Suspend [?] Help (default is "Y"): y
Results from this operation can be found: C:\Users\admin-navishkars\AppData\Local\Temp\MoveResults-2aa69f9a-8ed5-4e6a-93
ac-76abc61369bc.csv
PS C:\Windows\system32>

However when I check in Skype for Business Online I still see the user as on-premise user.InterpretedUserType : HybridOnpremSfBUser

and when I run the below it tells me that the user is homed on-premises. Please can someone assist?

PS C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0> Grant-CsTeamsUpgradePolicy -Identity lyndon.robertson@ttaf.co.za -PolicyName UpgradeToTeams
User "Lyndon.Robertson@ttaf.co.za" is homed on-premises in a Skype for Business or Lync deployment. On-premises users can be upgraded to Teams using Move-CsUser in the on-premises tools. For details, see
http://aka.ms/UpgradeToTeams
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (CN=f8aedee3-ede...c1e001,DC=local:OCSADUserOrAppContact) [Grant-CsTeamsUpgradePolicy], OnpremUserInvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : GrantPolicy,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.AssignCSTeamsUpgradePolicyCmdlet
+ PSComputerName : admin1e.online.lync.com

1 Reply

Hi @Navishkar Sadheo,

Are you able to find any further info in the log file?

C:\Users\admin-navishkars\AppData\Local\Temp\MoveResults-2aa69f9a-8ed5-4e6a-93
ac-76abc61369bc.csv

www.000webhost.com