Moving users from Skype for Business On-Prem to Teams get-cspowershellendpoint error

Occasional Contributor

Hello gang, 

I am currently trying to move some users from my on prem Skype for Business 2015 server to Teams.

When I select a user and select Move to Teams I am asked to log on to my Office 365 account and when I put my credentials in I am returned the following error. 

I have 2 questions

1) How can I be able to get past this error

2) Is there any way that I can run a powershell command that will automatically do this for me via some kind of CSV file that I can prepopulate with users I want to move?

Thanks!

Audi9112450_0-1621369378989.png

11 Replies

@SeanMcAvinue 

Hello!

I am able to move the users from Skype but id like to use the following commands but I keep getting the following errors I'm not sure why. 

My script looks like this below.

Up until the "upgrade to teams" part it works fine it does what it's supposed to do.

The last 5 lines give me the following error (second code snippet)

My CSV is really simply it looks like this (third code snippet)

I also tried to add -Identity before $._Dialplan / $_.Region and so on in my code which still does not work.

Any ideas why this won't work?

$Users = Import-Csv “Path to my script.csv”
$sip= $users.SipAddress
Import-Module SkypeOnlineConnector
$session = New-CsOnlineSession -OverrideAdminDomain "mydomain.onmicrosoft.com"
Import-PSSession -Session $session -AllowClobber
Move-CsUser -Identity $sip -Credential $Cred -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -ProxyPool "whatevermypoolis.domain.com" -Confirm:$true
Import-Csv -Path "Path to my script.csv" | ForEach-Object {Grant-CsTeamsUpgradePolicy -Identity $_.SipAddress -PolicyName UpgradeToTeams}
Import-Csv -Path "Path to my script.csv" | ForEach-Object {Grant-CsTenantDialPlan $_.DialPlan -PolicyName DialPlan-Global}
Import-Csv -Path "Path to my script.csv" | ForEach-Object {Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy $_.Region -PolicyName mypolicyname}
Import-Csv -Path "Path to my script.csv" | ForEach-Object {Grant-CsTeamsCallingPolicy $_.AllowCalling -PolicyName Tag:AllowCalling}
Import-Csv -Path "Path to my script.csv" | ForEach-Object {Set-CsUser $_.Tel -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true -HostedVoiceMail $true -OnPremLineURI "tel:+9999"}
Import-Csv -Path "Path to my script.csv" | ForEach-Object {Get-CsOnlineUser $_.Identity Select-Object UserPrincipalName,DisplayName,EnterpriseVoiceEnabled,HostedVoiceMail,OnPremLineURI,OnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy,TeamsCallingPolicy,TeamsUpgradePolicy}

Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Identity'. The argument is null or empty. Provide an argument that is not null or empty, and then try the
command again.
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Grant-CsTenantDialPlan], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.AssignOcsTenantDialPlanCmdlet
    + PSComputerName        : admin1a.online.lync.com

Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Identity'. The argument is null or empty. Provide an argument that is not null or empty, and then try the
command again.
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Xds.GrantOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicyCmdlet

command again.
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Grant-CsTeamsCallingPolicy], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Xds.GrantTeamsCallingPolicyCmdlet

Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Identity' because it is null.
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Set-CsUser], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.SetOcsUserCmdlet

A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'Select-Object'.
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Get-CsOnlineUser], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.GetOcsUserCmdlet

SipAddress	    DialPlan  Region    AllowCalling    Tel	   Identity
name@domain.com	Global	  Myregion	Empty           9999   name@domain.com

@Audi9112450 OK cool,

I've tidied up and fixed some of the code in your script, the below should work but I haven't gotten to test it our so hopefully no typos in there!

$csv = import-csv  "Path to my script.csv"

##Loop through all users in CSV
foreach ($user in $csv) {

##Move User
    Move-CsUser -Identity $user.sipaddress -Credential $Cred -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -ProxyPool "whatevermypoolis.domain.com" -Confirm:$true

##Grant Upgrade Policy
    Grant-CsTeamsUpgradePolicy -Identity $user.SipAddress -PolicyName UpgradeToTeams

##Grant dial plan
    Grant-CsTenantDialPlan $user.SipAddress -PolicyName DialPlan-Global 

##Grant VR Policy
    Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy $user.SipAddress -PolicyName mypolicyname 
    Grant-CsTeamsCallingPolicy $user.SipAddress -PolicyName Tag:AllowCalling 
    Set-CsUser $user.SipAddress -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true -HostedVoiceMail $true -OnPremLineURI "tel:+9999" 
    Get-CsOnlineUser $user.SipAddress |  Select-Object UserPrincipalName, DisplayName, EnterpriseVoiceEnabled, HostedVoiceMail, OnPremLineURI, OnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy, TeamsCallingPolicy, TeamsUpgradePolicy 
}

One thing I've noticed, is the name of your VR policy "mypolicyname" or do you need to update that with the VR policy name?

@SeanMcAvinue 

That is fantastic. I'm going to try it now.

The policy line has a bit of a twist. We have two policies. For the sake of this thread I'll use it as Policy1 and Policy2

Ideally, I would want the script to pick the policy that is in the CSV and apply it. So it would look something like this (see below snippet)

Would I add anything in your cleaned up script for that to work or it should just work out of the box? I probably don't because the script is asking to loop through all the users in the CSV so it should automatically pick everything if I am understanding correctly.

##Grant VR Policy
    Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy $user.SipAddress -PolicyName "Policy one"

##Grant VR Policy
    Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy $user.SipAddress -PolicyName "Policy two"

Also, I noticed that your cleaned up script is a little different from mine. My CSV has these headers in the columns

A= SipAddress

B= DialPlan

C=Region

D=AllowCalling

E=Tel

F=Identity

Does this have any importance based off your current cleaned up version of my script? Again, as far as I can tell it shouldn't because of this line correct

Thank you a million times over for your help!

@SeanMcAvinue 

It's probably just easier to write it clearer since my above post might not be clear.
There are some variables that might exist based on the user

Example: User 1 might have "whatevermypool#1" and "Policy1" and User 2 might have "whatevermypool#2" and "Policy2"

Ideally, what I would need is the script to understand that whatever variables are in the CSV to apply them. I think that what it does already but I'm just a bit thrown off by

##Move User
    Move-CsUser -Identity $user.sipaddress -Credential $Cred -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -ProxyPool "whatevermypool" -Confirm:$true

and

##Grant VR Policy
    Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy $user.SipAddress -PolicyName Mypolicy

Ok, I would add in a column for "RoutingPolicy" in your CSV and then change the Routing policy line to:
Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy $user.SipAddress -PolicyName $user.routingpolicy

If you add two lines as in your post it will set one and then the other for everyone

@SeanMcAvinue 

Hello!

The script seems to be doing most of what it's supposed to be doing with a few things that I may have to tweak / add

Namely

1) I would like it to choose the Skype Pool

In my CSV I added a column called Pool and in my script added the following line (which I am sure is incorrectly formatted)

Move-CsUser -Identity $user.sipaddress -Credential $Cred -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -ProxyPool $user.SipAddress -PolicyName $user.Pool -Confirm:$true

I get the following error when I run the script (which is surely related to the above line)

Move-CsUser : Cannot bind parameter 'ProxyPool'. Cannot convert value "sip:User#2@domain.com" to type "Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Deploy.Fqdn".
Error: "Invalid fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
Parameter name: fqdn"
At "Path to my CSV.ps1":11 char:104
+ ... com -ProxyPool $user.SipAddress -PolicyName $user.Pool -Confirm:$true
+                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Move-CsUser], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgumentNoMessage,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.MoveOcsUserCmdlet

User "User#2@domain.com" is homed on-premises in a Skype for Business or Lync deployment. On-premises users can be upgraded to Teams using
Move-CsUser in the on-premises tools. For details, see http://aka.ms/UpgradeToTeams
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (CN=fa80d5b7-b69...c1a001,DC=local:OCSADUserOrAppContact) [Grant-CsTeamsUpgradePolicy], OnpremUserInvali
   dOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GrantPolicy,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.AssignCSTeamsUpgradePolicyCmdlet

Can not update OnPremLineURI as the user has dirsynced onpremise LineURI.
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-CsUser], ManagementException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.ManagementException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.SetOcsUserCmdlet

As far as I can tell the error is here

Move-CsUser -Identity $user.sipaddress -Credential $Cred -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -ProxyPool $user.SipAddress -PolicyName $user.Pool -Confirm:$true

Finally, here is how my CSV looks like (sorry for the formatting I couldn't make it neat)

SipAddress		DialPlan	routingpolicy	AllowCalling	Tel	Identity		Pool
john.doe@domain.com	Global		Policy1		yes		9999	john.doe@domain.com	pool1.domain.com
john.doe2@domain.com	Global		Policy2		Yes		10	john.doe2@domain.com	pool2.domain.com

My ultimate goal is to be able to run your above modified script so I can take my users from Skype On-Prem with the values I put inside my CSV (which looks like above) and it takes my users from Skype On-Prem and moves them to Teams.

It looks like it's doing the job, but it probably needs a few small tweaks that I'm missing

Thank you once again for your support!

@Audi9112450 

This should do it.

Move-CsUser -Identity $user.sipaddress -Credential $Cred -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -ProxyPool $user.Pool -Confirm:$true

@SeanMcAvinue 

That caused much less errors (very good thing) there is one error which didn't happen on user1@domain.com

User "User2@domain.com" is homed on-premises in a Skype for Business or Lync deployment. On-premises users can be upgraded to Teams using
Move-CsUser in the on-premises tools. For details, see http://aka.ms/UpgradeToTeams
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (CN=fa80d5b7-b69...c1a001,DC=local:OCSADUserOrAppContact) [Grant-CsTeamsUpgradePolicy], OnpremUserInvali
   dOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GrantPolicy,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.AssignCSTeamsUpgradePolicyCmdlet

Can not update OnPremLineURI as the user has dirsynced onpremise LineURI.
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-CsUser], ManagementException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.ManagementException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.SetOcsUserCmdlet

Does something have to be added to the below line?

Move-CsUser -Identity $user.sipaddress -Credential $Cred -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -ProxyPool $user.Pool -Confirm:$true

Also, is it normal that I have to put my credentials in for every user that it does? Can it be just a one time credential that runs the entire CSV?

Thank you very much!

@Audi9112450 

Sorry had a busy day yesterday and never managed to get back to this. You shouldnt need -proxypool at all to be honest so you can remove that bit if you like. The reason for your error is because you have the users synced with AD so their line URI comes from AD. In that case you can run the below. With this you should only be required to enter credentials once per CSV.

$csv = import-csv  "Path to my script.csv"
$cred = get-credential

##Move User
    Move-CsUser -Identity $user.sipaddress -Credential $Cred -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -movetoteams -Confirm:$true

##Grant Upgrade Policy
    Grant-CsTeamsUpgradePolicy -Identity $user.SipAddress -PolicyName UpgradeToTeams

##Grant dial plan
    Grant-CsTenantDialPlan $user.SipAddress -PolicyName DialPlan-Global 

##Grant VR Policy
    Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy $user.SipAddress -PolicyName $user.routingpolicy 
    Grant-CsTeamsCallingPolicy $user.SipAddress -PolicyName Tag:AllowCalling 
    Set-CsUser $user.SipAddress -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true -HostedVoiceMail $true  
    Get-CsOnlineUser $user.SipAddress |  Select-Object UserPrincipalName, DisplayName, EnterpriseVoiceEnabled, HostedVoiceMail, OnPremLineURI, OnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy, TeamsCallingPolicy, TeamsUpgradePolicy 
}

@SeanMcAvinue 

Good day! 

Sorry for the delay I haven't been in front of my PC for a few days.
I got the script to pretty much do everything I need it to do except for something new I'd like to add. I want to be able to change the phone number in AD but my script is giving the following error:

Set-ADUser : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '+1#######;ext=####'.

The #'s are substituted by an actual phone number and extension.

I have a column in my CSV that is called ADNumber. Below is the line I added to my script:

set-aduser -"telephone number" $user.ADNumber

I also tried it this way:

set-aduser -telephonenumber $user.ADNumber

When I run the above line I get this error:

Set-ADUser : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'telephonenumber'

Thanks!!

www.000webhost.com