Introducing Microsoft To-Do—now available in Preview

Former Employee

Today, the Office 365 Team is excited to introduce a new, intelligent task management app that makes it easy to plan and manage your day. Say hello to Microsoft To-Do—now available in Preview.

To-Do comes from the team behind the Wunderlist app, and delivers a smarter, more personal and intuitive way to help people stay organized and get the most out of every day. Powered by Office 365 integration and an intelligent algorithm, it is the first step on our journey to simplify task management and help you achieve more. 

Learn more about To-Do on Office Blogs.

78 Replies
Sorry for the delay. Is it still not working for you on iOS?
It shouldn't use up a license as it is currently a free app.
Hey Kathleen, unfortunately we don't have a timeframe for G tenants yet. I'll pass on your Roadmap request.
Hey Robert, it is currently in Preview, or public beta, across both Personal Microsoft accounts and O365. Unfortunately we had some last minute issues on web with O365 which we're working through. However, if you would like to try it out you can use your personal Microsoft account instead. It should also work on iOS, Android, and Windows.
Thanks for the feedback Mark.
We are working on sharing so you will be able to collaborate on lists in the future.
You can use tags in the form of hashtags e.g. #priority - clicking on that tag will show you all the to-dos across all your lists with that tag.
The icon picker is a little hidden at the moment but it is available—add an emoji to the beginning of your list title and it will automatically become the icon.
We will be looking into native sharing from iPhone. In the meantime did you see that you can already use Siri to add to-dos? https://todosupport.helpshift.com/a/microsoft-to-do/?p=web&s=tips-tricks&f=using-siri-with-to-do.
We're working on that one. Flagged emails aren't logged as tasks on the backend so we need to work on a workaround first.
I have no luck in iOS with O365 accounts even if using the recent app version (1.5)
The app version 1.6 is now working with work accounts in iOS!
Hope it will works soon in web app, too...
Hi Polly. Thanks for the tip about using hashtags. If I put a hashtag in the title of a task, it hyperlinks it. Then I can click on it and it searches for other tasks with the same hashtag.
If use the same hashtag in the notes field on a different task, it doesn't hyperlink. Though this task will appear in the hashtag search results when I click on a hyperlinked hashtag.
Should a hashtag become hyperlinked, regardless of the field it is entered into?

I'm using To-Do app for Windows 10 (UWP) and for iPhone. I see the same behaviour.

Is there an ETA for support of InTune device enrolment requirements? At the moment we can't use the app as it's not aware the device is enrolled in InTune so always just gets the device enrolment prompt.

Is it still not possible to login with a work account?

When i try to login with my work account through our ADFS login a get the 501 error.

Logging in from the iOS app works fine with my work login.

Hi there,

Is there any updates to the ETA on when the preview (or GA) of To-Do will hit EDU tenants? 

Really enjoy using it on my personal account, and would like to enable it for our staff and students.

One crucial function that still is missing that was so useful in Wunderlist, it the ability to share lists. Coming soon I hope!

Cheers.

Not sure if my previous post had invoked someone at MS, as a week later "To-Do Preview" has appeared in "Services and add-ins" in our EDU Tenant.

Turned it on and all working!

Any idea if there's official documentation somewhere? I'd rather link to someone else's article than write one up myself for my end users.
This is a good starting point

Those 2 links are good.  But, the first one links to the 2nd one near the end.  The problem with the 2nd one is that it still has the word "Preview", which will spook some of my users.

Does anybody know when the app gets released for Mac OS?

Someone was listening Tony! Preview is no longer mentioned in the name, in those docs, which is nice!