Live Event engagement report - blank participant ID fields

Occasional Contributor

Dear community,

I have been searching the internet to find an answer to explain why in the Microsoft Teams Live Event engagement reports some rows do not show any participant ID's. I get questions from users within my company whether or not they are missing certain attendees. In specific cases we need to be certain that we have a good picture of all the participants because the attendance has serious consequences to, for example, accreditation points. Right now, I cannot answer their questions and hence we cannot trust these reports. Does anybody knows how to interpret the blank participant ID's? 

Blank participant IDs - Engagement Report Live Event Teams.png

Thank you in advance for your help,

Sylvester

4 Replies

@Sylvester- 

So, as per this article - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-an-attendee-engagement-report-for-a-teams-live-event-... - is says that for the Participant ID that depending on live event settings and the participant themselves, this may be blank.

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 10.16.34.png

So, check out each live event settings to see if they have the Attendee engagement report checked as below, and take a look at the policies for your users perhaps too.

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 11.55.10.png

Hope this helps.

Hi @PeterRising,

Thank you for your quick response! I also found the URL that you are describing, however the strange thing is that the live event in question is set as an "org-wide" event, so the attendees should have signed in to be able to join. I also checked the "Attendee engagement report" checkbox. Still I get these blank Participant ID cells in the Excel. I heard rumours of the call API malfunctioning in these cases, can you confirm that or is there a better reason to explain this?

Thank you and with kind regards,

Sylvester

I have noticed the same behavior in our company and wonder if anyone has found an answer in the meantime as to why some participant IDs remain empty.
I have also made sure that the event is set to Org-wide and that the "Attendee Engagement Report" checkbox is checked.

Hi@S_Knaeuper ,

Unfortunately, I don't have any more information concerning this issue. I also haven't checked this for a while now to see if this is still happening. But as I hear from you, the issue unfortunately still exists..

www.000webhost.com