Dark face during Teams call

New Contributor

Hi Community,
Depending on time of the day and the corresponding lighting situation in my office, my face is frequently shown very dark.
a) How can I access the camera properties menu during (!) a call. Note: I know the properties menu, but it is not accessible during a call.
b) Any current smartphone recognizes a face in a video stream and brightens the picture so the face is lit properly. I'd like to suggest that Teams should have the same functionality.
Best
Ted_MUC

3 Replies
A few suggestions, get closer to the camera, so that the intensity of the background doesn't overwhelm the gain if the camera.
Use a front light to keep your face illuminated. You'll find thousands of these things on Amazon, as most every blogger, tik-tok or whatever content creator uses one.

@Ed Woodrick Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately I cannot move the camera closer. I've thought about zoom. Again: The zoom settings aren't available during the call. I already have installed indirect lighting, but this cannot compete with the bright daylight in the background, and direct light is too bright for my eyes. Btw: Making a selfie from the camera's location with my smartphone results in a perfectly lit image.

Then use your smartphone.
www.000webhost.com