May 07 2020 09:15 AM
May 07 2020 09:15 AM
Hello! Apologies for the list of questions, but these are the everyday issues and questions we would like answers to. Thank you so much in advance!
1. Will Microsoft be increasing their video display from 4 videos? I read that you are increasing to 9 videos for display, any plans for more than that?
2. Half of our staff members have not received the background effects update. The other half has received it. All staff members have gone within Teams and requested an update, is there anything we can do?
3. Will there be a lock the video spotlight feature available similar to Skype for Business? Although you can pin a video, will there be a feature that is applicable for all attendees of a meeting that works exactly like the SFB video spotlight feature.
4. Is there a way to set presenters within the Teams outlook calendar invitation? Within the SFB outlook meeting invitation there is a meeting options button. This is not made available with the Teams invitation. This button helps us mute attendees, stop incoming video, and set presenters before an invitation is even sent.
5. Is there a way to delete a chat once it is created as opposed to just hiding it with MS Teams?
6. What security features are available for MS Teams and how can we ensure our staff they are protected? Are the 3rd party bots safe to use?
7. What kind of account (licensed or free) do our external members need to have to join a Teams call?
8. We have noticed a compatibility issue with MS Teams and Apple iPads. Joining through the safari web browser is not functional. Additionally, within the Teams app on iPads, the users video is always pinned as 1 of the 4 visible video screens. This happens regardless if said user is talking or not and with well over 4 participants within the meeting. Is there a way around this or does Microsoft plan to address some of its compatibility issues with the iPads?
9. What features are available through the MS Teams desktop client as opposed to the web version? What are the key differentiating factors?
10. When creating a team, a general channel is then created. If a Team plans to create several channels, is there a way to hide or delete the general channel?
11. What is the best way to post an image within the wiki section? I have noticed anytime I post a picture, it deletes or is not available the next day. This has happened with several different images.
12. Are there plans to improve the MS Teams/SFB video and audio reporting from the administrator portal? These reports do not provide thorough details.
May 07 2020 01:15 PM
I would start here as most of your questions are answered: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-overview
Feature Requests can be made here: aka.ms/teamsfeedback
Thanks for being there today!
1. We have communicated that we are looking to expand video beyond the 3x3 that is planned, yes. More here: https://twitter.com/rishmsft/status/1249767347679686656 - Follow the UV item for the latest: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17010055-show-video-for-all-pe...
2. This is often a hardware issue. There have been several threads on this in the community with different issues people have experienced. Here's an older thread on this: https://gorovian.000webhostapp.com/?exam=t5/microsoft-teams/blur-background-not-available-in-teams/m-p/27...
3. Locking video spotlight is planned. I have no date to communicate. Vote on the UV item here & you'll be notified with the status is changed or updated: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35796445-lock-the-video-spotli...
4. No - to make someone a presenter or attendee, you need to do this from within the Teams calendar - more info here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/roles-in-a-teams-meeting-c16fa7d0-1666-4dde-8686-0a0bfe16...
5. Here is info on deleting a chat: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Edit-or-delete-a-sent-message-in-Teams-5f1fe604-a900-4a07-b... - Note, on the admin side, your messages are saved for compliance.
6. Security & compliance is documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/security-compliance-overview Your question to apps and bots being safe? in-house, 3rd party, which? safe how? Lots of questions - but all of the apps and bots that are avail in Teams have gone through a security review.
7. No license is required to join a Teams call. Add them to the invite and they can join by dialing in or joining on the web client - or, they may also download Teams, for free. Nothing required to join though.
8. I'm not sure what you are specifically trying to do with your ipad but there are different limitations depending on the client you are using on which device. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients I would look at what those differences are and then figure out what your specific asks are and add them to UserVoice. You can get updates on things you vote on there. Here is an example: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38628703-ability-to-share-vide...
9. Start here - there's lots of documentation out there on differences with clients: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients
10. No there is no way to hide the General Channel. Feel free to vote on that though: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34152460-hide-general-channel
11. Detail on the wiki here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-and-use-a-wiki-tab-in-teams-35ec762d-72ec-4d7f-b858-294...
Conversation about your specific ask here: https://gorovian.000webhostapp.com/?exam=t5/microsoft-teams/uploading-an-image-into-the-wiki-from-my-comp...
12. Audio reports were just updated. I'd be curious to know what you are looking for beyond what we have here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-analytics-and-reports/pstn-usage-report - please add any additional admin reporting requests in the UserVoice: http://aka.ms/teamsfeedback. Thanks!