How to integrate Security baselines settings in my Windows 10 laptop

New Contributor

Hi,

I ran the policy analyzer with the GPO's imported. I can see grey and yellow cells highlighted.

how to incorporate the baselines settings into my Laptop.

I cannot find local group policy management in Windows 10 version  21H1 version laptop.

Thank you!

6 Replies

@Anusha_Sama you can run the baseline-localinstall.ps1 -X (x=the baseline type you want) to install the security baseline onto to machine. 

@Rick_Munck 

Thank you for this. I have run the below command

Baseline-LocalInstall.ps1 -Win10NonDomainJoined in Powershell.

But I still see some of the GPO's are not getting applied.

I checked in Policy Analyzer, only few cells are inline with baselines and many of them are still in grey color.

Anusha_Sama_1-1632963552654.png

Anusha_Sama_0-1632963507526.png

Anusha_Sama_3-1632963793080.png

Could you please suggest on this.

Thank you 

Anusha  

@Anusha_Sama I don't have the cycles to go through your screenshots line by line but depending on what you are comparing to (e.g. local policy) then you might have a setting on the machine that we do not have in the baseline.  You can review the master spreadsheet within the release for the settings we cover/suggest.  I'd suggest looking through the log file (listed at the end of the script completion) to better determine if the script is running fully.

Hi @Rick_Munck 
As per the above screenshots you can see that there are settings in the baselines but they are not being applied to effective state (on my machine) even after running the Baseline-LocalInstall.ps1 script. I would like to know why these settings are not being applied. How to make it fully complaint. I have checked the log file, I didn't find any discrepancies.

Thanks
Anusha

@Rick_Munck 

As per the above screenshots you can see that there are settings in the baselines but they are not being applied to effective state (on my machine) even after running the Baseline-LocalInstall.ps1 script. I would like to know why these settings are not being applied. How to make it fully complaint. I have checked the log file, I didn't find any discrepancies.

Thanks
Anusha

@Anusha_Sama unfortunately I cannot reproduce your issue and I tried all the options in the script without issue.

www.000webhost.com