Azure ATP sensor app refusing to start up on server 2019

New Contributor

Hi, I have just finished setting up the azure ATP and have downloaded the sensor app onto the server. However, the service is trying to start up but terminates unexpectedly. I get an error 7031.

the entry on the log says:

The Azure Advanced Threat Protection Sensor service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 9916 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

4 Replies
No. I think I figured out what the situation was. When I first downloaded the sensor, I then regenerated the access code. because it was not taking the original code (which was my fault as I did not copy the full string). I should have then downloaded a new sensor package which I did not do.

I therefore regenerated the access code and then downloaded the sensor. this has worked. I have tested this theory out on another server and it seems that you cannot regenerate the access code without then downloading a new sensor package. Anyway, I am good. everything is up and running thank you.

@scuttbeaumontcouk 
There is no connection between the access key and the package.
If you downloaded a new package and it worked, it means there was an issue with the previous package you downloaded, maybe a CRC error during download or something.

In order to figure this out, you need the full deployment logs.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/defender-for-identity/troubleshooting-using-logs#-deployment-logs

www.000webhost.com