Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

can VAMT be installed on a virtual client? Can the client be decomissened if the all clients have been activated or does it need to be online and active till the last Windows 7 client is gone? 

Can VAMT be installed on a device having the KMS service ? 

Do we have to "rollout" the reg key to prevent the information window that Windows 7 will be not supported on Jan 15th? 

Thanks 

Kind regards,

Andreas 

Hi @Andy0401,

VAMT can be run on a virtual client. 

I think you are asking if the VAMT host VM can be decommissioned after activating all the Win7 clients or if it has to remain for the lifetime of those clients.  If I'm correctly interpreting your question, then yes, the VAMT host VM can be decommissioned after activating all the Win7 clients.

Yes, VAMT can be installed on a device with the KMS service.

The EOS notification will show on non-domain joined Pro and Ultimate computers that also do not have an ESU key installed & activated.  If you have computers that don't meet that criteria, then use the reg key to prevent notification.

Thx

Hi @Michael_Raschko about the EOS notifcation what is the best practise for domain joined clients with installed ESU key? Will there be the EOS notification? Do I have to rollout the reg key to all block the EOS notification? Thanks in advance for an update, Andy

The EOS notification checks if the client it domain joined and if it is, will not show.  You do not need the regkey for domain joined clients to prevent the notification.

www.000webhost.com