MVP

I have a new Surface pro 7 running Windows 10 Enterprise, all patched and updated. The machine is Azure AD joined and managed by Intune on a M365E5 license.

Every time I try and access ANY website in Edge WDAG launches and fails! So, I have two issues:

1. Why does Windows Defender Application Guard launch for every web site?

2. Why does it crash

So the error from the browser after the crash is:

WDAG Report - Container: Error: 0x80070013, Ext error: 0x00000001; RDP: Error: 0x00000000, Ext error: 0x00000000 Location: 0x00000000

If I look at Event viewer | Applications and Services | Microsoft | Windows | WDAG-Manager | Operational - I see:

A Failure has occurred: HResult = Unspecified error, File = windows\hvsi\hvsimgr\manager\isolatedapplauncher.cpp, LineNumber = 376, Function = NULL, Message = NULL, CallingContext = NULL, Module = hvsimgr.exe, Code = NULL

and

A Failure has occurred: HResult = The media is write protected., File = windows\hvsi\hvsimgr\container\hvsicontainer.cpp, LineNumber = 769, Function = NULL, Message = NULL, CallingContext = NULL, Module = hvsimgr.exe, Code = NULL

also

C:\WINDOWS\system32>wdagtool.exe cleanup RESET_PERSISTENCE_LAYER

Terminating HvsiMgr.exe

HvsiMgr.exe process not found

Performing cleanup and restarting the container

* [WDAGTool] - Failed to reset the container. - HRESULT: 80070013

* [WDAGTool] - The hvsi cleanup tool has failed. - HRESULT: 80070013

A. I have tried enabling and disabling Hyper-V and WDAG on the device. They are all on now

B. I have disabled and re-enabled WDAG using PowerShell

C. I have run a system file scan with no errors

Suggestions??

Thanks

Robert

@Robert Crane I'm facing similar issues.

I can't even run WDAG! It's installed, available on the brwoser but does not run.

Machine fully updated and managed from Intune.

Thanks,

António

best response confirmed by Robert Crane (MVP)

Hi @Robert Crane,

thanks for such a quick reply.

On my side there must be something wrong regarding my configs or whatever.

Still no working.

Everything you mention, I did.

I'm going to start from scratch. and follow your steps.

thanks very much!

António Soares

We support Ukraine and condemn war. Push Russian government to act against war. Be brave, vocal and show your support to Ukraine. Follow the latest news HERE