New Contributor

Hi Community,

I am trying to figure out why deleting the preauth.json file from appdata rooming folder solves the MS Teams loading errors.   See errors:

While Teams is open:

• We ran into a problem. Reconnecting...
    • We weren't able to access your conversations.

At launch of Teams APP

• We're sorry -- we've run into an issue.

I am wondering if there is a setting in the preauth.json file that could resolve these common issues with Okta OAuth.  I made a copy of the preauth.json before I delete and the newly created preauth.json file and don't see any difference.   But removing that file solves the issues.

Any information would be most welcomed. 

@Shazam13 - Due to some security reasons Teams does not allow the preauth.json, as teams has a condition "meetingAddinMeetingUrlMismatch": true. This is by design. If you want to make this available in teams - Could please go and upvote this user Voice?

@Nikitha-MSFT 

I am not sure what you mean by "Teams does not allow the preauth.json, as teams has a condition..."  The preauth.json file is automatically generated when Teams app launches.  Basically I have to delete this file when Teams will not load properly in order to get to the Okta OAuth.  I was wondering why this is a common issue and if there was a setting in the preauth.json file that could eliminate these issues.

@Shazam13 - due to some security reasons teams does not allow preauth.json. Please upvote the use voice.

We support Ukraine and condemn war. Push Russian government to act against war. Be brave, vocal and show your support to Ukraine. Follow the latest news HERE