Hi, on Friday I connected this excel file in Sharepoint to a PowerBI desktop report I am developing. No errors. Today, Monday, as soon as I opened the PBI desktop file, I got the error (1st screenshot attached) which I didn't have on Friday and nothing has changed regarding file connections. Then, as a test, I opened a new blank Power BI desktop file, and tried to connect all over to the sharepoint file to see if I got the same error. And I sort of did - see 2nd screenshot attached. 

But what I don't understand is why there would be this error now when it wasn't an issue the last time I opened this file on Friday and nothing has changed in terms of connection. Thanks. 

@aishayeoh : Use the correct URL for the connection. You will get the URL from the Document properties which should always points to the document file. This is API URL for the Document which you can use to connect with PowerBI.