@Steven Collier 

Thank you for the insight, I agree and this has been our approach. Unfortunately, the "centralized" portion of more permanent storage is still separated out into 8-12 SharePoint Sites mainly labeled by Department (Sales/Marketing, Accounting/Finance, IT, etc.).

As an example of our progression, at one point we had a Sales and Marketing Site as well as a Sales and Marketing Team (obviously with the associated SharePoint Site in the background). So we went ahead and collapsed the independent SharePoint site and adopted the SharePoint site associated with the Sales and Marketing Team. 

I had then joined all of the Teams SharePoint sites into a Hub and figured we were good.

Unfortunately, the request is to get the data as close together as possible and the specific request (from leadership) is in the same SharePoint Site. Therefore, I really see no way around a single document library in a single SharePoint Site hosting all the data for the entire company. I think it will be a nightmare managing 150+ named users (as well as guests and links) to over 1TB of data all stored in a single folder structure...

Tossing the idea of moving "published/final" documents from silo'ed/independent SharePoint Sites into a global repository also has been discarded because the business wants visibility into all files, not just final ones. If my leadership needs to hop from site to site for data it is seen as a burden and a risk to data management. I naturally see it as data management in the hands of my department owners versus IT managing all data exchanges. 

I'm in a tough spot because I feel we are negating all the benefit of this collaborative platform in seeking a single "view" of all unstructured data within our organization. Even if I am allowed to keep Teams going it will be with little to no data stored within them, so I figure we are going to be using Teams for Chat and Meetings only!

Thanks again for the feedback. 

www.000webhost.com