Jan 25 2021 12:23 PM
Jan 25 2021 12:23 PM
The last O365 update our SCCM/ConfigMgr/EndpointMgr has seen was from last year, 2020. We are using Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel; and the ADR we have is not even seeing the latest updates. If I set my ADR to look back 2 months, and click Preview I only get results from 2020. But if I open up the WSUS console that our ConfigMgr uses I can see newer updates.
We were on 2006 with one of the hot fixes (which fixed a similar problem) and so I upgraded to 2010 with the latest hotfix, but that has not resolved this problem.
I have made very loose ADR rules to see if my search criteria is too specific, including using the default Office 365 client ADR template set to 'last 2 months' and I cannot find any Office 365 Client product updates with my ADR for anything released this year (2021). Even if make my criteria simply "date released or revised= Last 1 month" and "Product = Office 365 Client" and click Preview I get 0 results - 0 updates. If I make it "last 2 months" I get only updates from December 1, 2020.
Our WSUS is installed on the same server, which is Windows 2012R2, with current patches.
Has anyone else seen this or have any tips on what else to try?
Jan 26 2021 01:05 AM
@BruceSp Hi, this is not part of what I'm working with but I believe these articles can assist you here. At least I know my org. had to adjust some settings.
Jan 26 2021 07:36 AM
@ChristianBergstrom Thank you but I do not think that is it. We were already using the new channel name, 'Semi-Annual Enterprise channel'. We actually just adopted O365 this fall - a bit behind the curve. The changes you linked to were earlier in the year.
Jan 26 2021 01:38 PM
I just wanted to add one more thing. I have found that I cannot even create a new install with a current version. The install customizer screen that comes up in SCCM when I try to create a new O365 install only shows me version numbers from 2020 and earlier (max is 2002 12527.21416). I find that even stranger because wouldn't that wizard be talking to the web somehow to pull these versions? I assume that list must be pulling the numbers dynamically.
I have also tried to sign in to https://config.office.com/officeSettings# to try and see if that can help - honestly I do not think I have done that before - and after signing in with my unprivileged account I can run the customizer, and the max version is 2002 12527.21416, and one above that says 'latest'. But in ConfigMgr/EndpointMgr I only see "2002 12527.21416" - there is no 'latest' option.
fyi, if I sign in with my admin account, that config office website just sits there with a 'loading...' spinner.
Feb 01 2021 11:15 AM
Apr 19 2021 01:18 PMSolution
This is an old post, but it did not have a resolution until now. My C:\Windows\Temp folder had over 65k files in it, (too full I guess) and this ADR started to work after I cleared it all out. I discovered this by accident on reddit.
big ups to this thread: