Outlook 2016 for Mac gets Modern Attachments

Trusted Contributor

New to the Insider Fast channel, Outlook 2016 for Mac now supports Modern Attachments with OneDrive, OneDrive for Business and SharePoint integration.  It should make it's way into the current channel in due course.

Mac1.pngMac 2.png

4 Replies

This feature does not show up in our Outlook 2016 for Mac apps even though they're running the current version. The Attach File button only opens a file system dialog. Our users are set up with Office 365 Enterprise E5 licenses if that helps.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 10.07.58 AM.png

Any idea why we're not seeing this change within the app?

Same here! I've been wondering about this too. I looked up the feature request and voting forum and there it says the status is still just "Planned":  https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/8980993-enable-outlook-to-at...

I've seen this feature in a webinar recently, so it's out there... I'm subscribed to Insider Slow, instead of Insider Fast, but this announcement is so old that surely the feature has move on to the Slow and GA channels?!? Let me know if you figure this out...

The original post is from 2016 and these other replies are from 2018. I'm writing this in Nov 2018 and I also don't see the modern attachment drop-down like in the original post. I get the standard Mac dialog box. FWIW, I'm on the Fast Insider track, running Outlook version 16.20.

@Cian Allner  Two and a half years later, we're still waiting …

www.000webhost.com