This month’s in-depth topic: Securing your Java Web Apps and APIs with Microsoft Identity - the Microsoft Authentication Library for Java enables applications to integrate with the Microsoft identity platform. It allows you to sign in users or apps with Microsoft identities (Azure AD, Microsoft accounts and Azure AD B2C accounts) and obtain tokens to call Microsoft APIs such as Microsoft Graph or your own APIs registered with the Microsoft identity platform. It is built using industry standard OAuth2 and OpenID Connect protocols. Get an overview on MSAL and MSAL Java, step through the process for running MSAL Java server-side on Spring Boot, Apache Tomcat and Oracle WebLogic followed by a review of the Java Samples repository with extensive step-by-step deployment guidance as shown in this demo. Presenter Didun Ayodeji – Program Manager, Microsoft Identity. Recorded April 21, 2022. Q&A in chat and live at end of call.
- Repo - Microsoft Authentication Library (MSAL) for Java – Github
- Documentation - Quickstart: Add sign-in with Microsoft to a web app
- Wiki - The Microsoft Authentication Library for Java (MSAL4J)
- Roadmap – Microsoft Authentication Library for Java
- Samples - Securing Java apps using the Microsoft Identity platform and MSAL Java
- Guidance - Deployment Instructions for MSAL Java Samples
- Sample - A Java Web API that calls another web API with the Microsoft identity platform using the On-Behalf-O...
- Sample - Java console application letting users sign-in with username/password and call Microsoft Graph API
Q & A references
- Documentation – Microsoft Authentication Library for iOS and macOS
- Documentation - https://github.com/Azure-Samples/ms-identity-mobile-apple-swift-objc
- Documentation - Customize browsers and WebViews for iOS/macOS
- Sample - Invoking an API protected by Microsoft identity platform with users signed-in with Integrated Window...
- Let us know how we’re doing and suggest topics for future calls, please complete this survey https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCallSurvey
- Join us for the next Microsoft Identity Platform community call on May 19th at 9:00am PT
- Mark your calendar for Microsoft Tech Days | Thursday, May 5, 2022.
- Register for Microsoft Build | May 24-26, 2022
- Opt into PnP Recognition Program | https://aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for the Microsoft 365 Developer Program and get a free developer tenant
- Get started with free training modules covering Microsoft 365 platform capabilities including Learning Path - Implement Microsoft identity – Associate
- Download the recurrent invite for this call | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
Resources in General:
- Documentation - What is the Microsoft identity platform?
- Documentation - Microsoft identity platform documentation
- Microsoft Security - Integrate modern identity capabilities into your apps
- Developer – Microsoft Identity Platform
- Twitter https://twitter.com/microsoft365dev and @azuread
- Microsoft 365 Platform Community in YouTube - https://aka.ms/m365/videos
- Microsoft 365 Platform Community - http://aka.ms/m365pnp
- YouTube https://aka.ms/M365DevYouTube (Developer channel)
- Blogs https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community/blog