Viva Connections & SharePoint Framework bi-weekly community call recording from November 18th is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp/videos. You can use SharePoint Framework for building solutions for Microsoft Teams and for SharePoint Online.
- Tune in each Tuesday for the Microsoft 365 platform community call. Featured topics for the November 23rd call - Introduction to SharePoint on-premises Microsoft Graph connector (Parag Jain) and Microsoft Learn module - Extend Microsoft Viva Connections with application customizers (Waldek Mastykarz & Vesa Juvonen).
- Register for training events in November – December hosted by Sharing is Caring.
- Register for the PnP Recognition Program.
- New guidance released - Implementing partner offerings for Viva Connections with ACEs and custom APIs
- The Road Ahead after 1.13 – 1.14 and future.
- PnP project releases in the last two weeks:
- PnPjs Client-Side Libraries v2.11 GA
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v4.2.0 Preview.
Latest project updates include: (Bold indicates update from previous report 2 weeks ago)
|PnP Project||Current version||Release/Status|
|SharePoint Framework (SPFx)||v1.13.0 GA||v1.14.0 January target|
|PnPjs Client-Side Libraries||v2.11.0 GA, v3.0.0 Preview||
nightly builds of v3
|CLI for Microsoft 365||v4.0.0 GA, v4.2.0 Preview beta||
|Reusable SPFx React Controls||
v2.9.0 (SPFx v1.11), v3.4.0
|3.5.0 with SPFx v1.13 support is coming soon|
|Reusable SPFx React Property Controls||v2.7.0 (SPFx v1.11), v3.2.0 (SPFx v1.12.1)||3.3.0 with SPFx v1.13 support is coming soon|
|PnP SPFx Generator||v1.16.0||v1.17.0 on the way|
|PnP Modern Search||v4.4.1 Preview, v4.3.0 & v3.21.0||Release expected any day|
Additionally, there were 1 web part and 2 ACE samples delivered! Nice work! Your contributions are appreciated by many.
The host of this call is David Warner II (Catapult Systems) @DavidWarnerII. Q&A takes place as always in chat throughout the call.
Great to see all of you today - humans and ghosts. Possibly some will meet in Düsseldorf or in Las Vegas later this year.
- Opt in to PnP Recognition Program | https://aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- Ask me anything (AMA) MGT – November 30th
- Ask me anything (AMA) PnP Search – January 11th
- First Time Contributor Session – December 15th (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – November 17th
- Power Platform Samples – First Time Contributor – November 24th, December 15th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – TBS
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – November 30th
- First Time Presenter – TBS
- More than Code with VSCode – TBS
- Maturity Model Practitioners – January 18th (every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT)
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Request a Demo spot on the call – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
SPFx Extension for Copying and Moving List Items – this application customizer displays a command button named Copy/Move Item(s) in custom lists. Using this option, the items can be copied or moved from one list to another within the site. User maps source and destination fields. Supported field types – Single line of text, Choice, Number, DateTime, & Yes/No. Uses batch method to copy/move (50 items) at a time. Download extension from AppSource.
Viva Connections – Adaptive Card Showcase Gallery – shows art-of-the-possible - layout options on 11 Adaptive Card Extensions (ACE). Layouts - agenda, company news, expense report, flight itinerary, form sample, image rotator, stock ticker, task list, Twitter card, video card and weather. Focusing specifically on video card, it was initially created/tested in Adaptive Cards Designer. Then the JSON was copied into the ACE. Handling dynamic data is discussed in Q&A.
Application Secrets Expiration Web Part – monitor expiration dates of secrets and certificates for your applications registered in Azure Active Directory. The web part displays app IDs, app names, app secrets, certificates and expiration dates in a list. Code walkthrough - see using Graph to retrieve applications/secrets/certificates from AAD. Organize items into a list that’s rendered using React controls. Search, sort and group by app, type and expiration date.
SPFx web part samples: (https://aka.ms/spfx-webparts)
PnP SPFx ACEs https://aka.ms/spfx-aces
Upcoming Events* – Updates - Jake Stanger | @cakestanger
* to be posted soon.
Thank you for your great work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
- SharePoint Framework - Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 6:09
- PnPjs Client-Side Libraries - Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting) | @jfj1997 – 9:08
- CLI for Microsoft 365 - David Warner II (Catapult Systems) | @DavidWarnerII – 11:33
- PnP SPFx Controls - David Warner II (Catapult Systems) | @DavidWarnerII – 12:00
- PnP Modern Search - Mikael Svenson (Microsoft) | @MikaelSvenson – 12:36
- PnP SPFx Samples - Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh – 13:35
- PnP SPFx ACEs Samples - David Warner II (Catapult Systems) | @DavidWarnerII – 16:02
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
D1: Repo - Copy/Move Item(s)
D1: AppSource - Items Replicator
- D2: Repo - ace-cardgallery
D2: Adaptive Cards - Samples and Templates
D2: Adaptive Cards – Designer
D2: Sample - Covid Self-Attestation Microsoft Teams Personal App
- D3: Samples - Applications Secrets Expiration
- D3: Blog - Use Power Automate to Notify of Upcoming Azure AD App Client Secrets and Certificate Expirations
- D3: LinkedIn – Aimery Thomas
- PnP Weekly – Episode 143 (November 15th) with Nairobi, Kenya-based Program Manager at Microsoft - Roina Ochieng | @roinochieng | video | podcast
- PnP Weekly – Episode 142 (November 8th) with New York, US / Porto, Portugal-based Program Manager at Microsoft - Natalie Pienkowska | @ NataliePienkow1. | video | podcast
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- Tools - Teams Toolkit (v2.2 Preview)
- Gallery - Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery
- Microsoft Build sessions guide (Modern Work Digital Brochure) - aka.ms/modernworkbuildsessions
- SharePoint Framework - v1.12.1 npm install –g @microsoft/generator-sharepoint@next
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v3
- Sharing is Caring | aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- Tools - PnP Modern Search v4 | https://aka.ms/pnp-search
- M365 PnP site | aka.ms/m365pnp
- SharePoint Starter Kit v2
- Blog: "A Lap Around Microsoft Graph Toolkit" blog series
- New Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) team model with new community leads
- Microsoft 365 Community Content (non-Dev docs)
- PnP SPFx web part samples
- PnP SPFx extension samples
- GitHub PnPjs
- Tutorials - Getting started with SharePoint Framework v1.10 Tutorials (12 videos)
- Tutorials - Getting started with SharePoint Framework v1.10 Extensions (6 videos)
- Docs - Tutorials and training material for SharePoint Development
- SPFX Training Package
- SPFx Web Parts
- SPFx Extensions
- SPFx Library Components
- Documentation - PnPjs v2 documentation
- Link - Microsoft 365 developer training
- Link - Office 365 Developer Program
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? - please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator - Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice - for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics:
Upcoming calls | Recurrent invites:
- Microsoft 365 platform call – November 23rdat 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- M365 General Dev call – November 25th at 7:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- SharePoint Framework call – December 2nd at 7:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Office add-in monthly call – December 8th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – December 9that 9:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call – December 15th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – December 16th at 9:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Share code samples and best practices
- Possible engineering asks for the field - input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client-side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice in Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Teams or SharePoint context
- You can download a recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 19th of November 2021